Saturday, September 20, 2008

What Is a Joy Body?

In Eckhart Tolle's book A New Earth he gets pretty in depth about something he calls a Pain Body. That's a fine enough idea, and we do appreciate the concept but we admit to being rather taken aback by the fascination with and focus upon the pain body we were seeing at Oprah's book club forum. Alice and I got to talking about it and she said it is too bad he did not get into discussing the Joy Body.

So I've brought that up a handful of Times in the forum and other places and folks have no idea what I am talking about. Some folks even ridicule me, and get personally offended when I suggest that Eckhart likely did not intend for people to make a case study of their pain body and get all hung up on how to "get rid of it".

Eckhart would not do that to you, for it is rather like the old Indian joke that says that if you visit a certain place and lay your hands upon the base of the fountain you can have your Dreams come true, provided you do not think of a green elephant. It's like atheists who think they have gotten rid of god by virtue of having defined god as precisely as the religionists and then saying "That god. That's the one I do not believe in. The one I just made up."

Anyway, I thought we should get a bit more informative as to precisely what a Joy Body is, and how to get in touch with it, which we'll do here in a bit...

No comments: