Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life. Always Getting in the Way of Sleep....

Alice said it this way the other day, observing my grumpiness when something interrupted an afternoon nap.

Life is like this Gregory. Always interfering with somebody's desire to sleep right thru their Dream of a LifeTime.
She pointed out that, according to the stories our culture tells about Life, it is a Gift, and an Opportunity to come to know OneSelf. An Opportunity to Awaken into the Expression and Experience of our Dreams.
And for some silly reason, Gregory, you often get quite irritated when Life comes to play, and calls for you, Here Now.
She mentioned someone that had called into Oprah the other day, singing the blues about their situation, and how the recession was getting to them. She said Oprah had asked something like "Can you breathe without the aid of a machine?"
The point being Gratitude of course.
Alice suggested when I wake up - whether on my own or by virtue of perceived interruption - that I Express my Gratitude for something.
Some things. Every Time I wake up: Express Thanks. Sincere Gratitude. Feel it.
This is the easiest task I've ever had...
Best of Now, always,
Greg and Alice the Canine Messiah

No comments: